Marujal Farmhouse, encompassing the constructions of the house and the chapel of Santa Leocádia, is located in the landscape of the agricultural fields of the Lower Mondego, on the left bank of the river.
The house, now almost completely ruined, was built during the period of transition between the sixteenth and seventeenth centuries. On the north-facing main façade, there was a central body flanked by turrets, with a verandah defined by a colonnade (on the upper floor), resting on the pillars and arches of the ground floor.
The chapel, located near the house, is abandoned and degrading rapidly. It is constituted by the vaulted main chapel, of circular plan, and by the nave, with wood roofing. It bears the date of 1541 in the triumphal arch of the main chapel.
The work developed essentially consisted of the bibliographical and documentary collection, the survey of existing structures and of a photographic record of the current state of the set. Based on the analysis of the available written and graphic information (the texts of Maria de Lurdes Craveiro and the survey drawings made by José Luís Madeira) the students developed a reconstitution hypothesis of the house and the chapel, both through drawings and 3D modeling.
Ana Rita Gomes · Ana Sofia Neves · Daniel Gameiro · Vicente Nequinha